kj

kj

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

thugs giving out hugs!

What a grand long week we've had and what a bright future week we...I mean I have ahead of me. Ryan has to look forward towards finals, while I'm on Spring Break.

Last week was somewhat busy and crazy and grand and wonderful.

Monday I went to school. Ryan went to school. After school I came home. After school Ryan came home. Then we both went to Sizzlers with Mama and Papa Woodbury. They took us out to a late birfday treat for Ryan. I had never been to Sizzlers before. Its always fun to go to a new restaurant. Since it was both Papa Bear's and Ryan's birfdays the waitress gave them free root beer floats. It was fun to go out to dinner with the parentals. I love spending time with my newly acquired parents. I still have a lot to learn about them.

Tuesday we went to school. We came home from school. Then we packed up some blankets and headed across the street to the UVU Baseball Field to watch Pete play ball. It was so much fun to be out and about. I love watching sport events in person. It makes me really want to play sports again. It was fun to watch Pete pitch for the 7th inning.

Wednesday we went to school. Then we went to a park and flew kites with Dalton and his girly-friend. I loved absolutely LOVED watching Ryan fly a kite. We got there a bit early and so while we waited for Dalton we threw around some lacrosse balls with our sticks since we always keep them handy in the truck. I could tell it was killing Ryan to have the kite so close yet he had to wait. After about 10 minutes he couldn't take it anymore he had to "set up" the kite. Which really meant he opened the package, and then attached the string. With the kite set up Ryan then knew he had to test out the kite. So Ryan ran around the park jumping and screaming for joy with his kite following him. I'm pretty sure as soon as the kite string touched his hand my good husband was transformed into a 6 year old boy. We took plenty of pictures and even a movie. Look for those on Facebook or in later posts since our camera is currently MIA.

Thursday we both went to Elementary. At BYU it was a reading day so Ryan came to my classroom with me. The kids love him. They were so excited to see him and play 4-square with him. Ryan had fun and at the end of the day he was exhausted. I love giving him a chance to empathize with me. Lots of people believe that teaching is a easy job, that anyone can do it. Those thoughts really get to me. Teaching is an emotionally draining and physically draining job. If you don't believe me you are more then welcome to come to school with me for a full day. ;)

Friday Ryan went to his Psychology Conference in Salt Lake and I went to school. We got home around the same time which was nice. (Home being my Dad's place to save us time and gas since we were both up in Salt Lake Area). We went to Cafe Rio and took our food and our kite to the park. I had gotten a headache earlier Friday so I wasn't too much fun, but that didn't stop Ryan. He downed his food just like a kid who can't wait to enter the Play Place, and he was off flying his kite. After a good couple of flys Ryan noticed that I wasn't feeling any better, in fact I was feeling worse. The bright sunlight was not helping my head. So we went back over to my Dad's and I promptly feel asleep. (6pm) Ryan woke me up at 9pm to get ready for bed and then we both went back to bed.

Saturday Ryan was off to his conference again and I stuck around my Dad's casa. At noon my Dad, his girlfriend and her mother and me (of course) piled into my Dad's jeep and we headed up to Marie's Lacrosse game. Ryan's parents went and got Ryan and then met us at the game. It was fun being outside again watching sports. After the game (Marie's team lost sad day) we went with the Woodbury's out to Linner (lunch + dinner) and then we packed up our stuff and headed back down to Orem.

See I told you we had a crazy week.

Now I'm on lovely spring break while Ryan is cramming for finals. This Thursday night we'll head down to Moab for the Easter Jeep Safari. I am so excited to get out and get some warm sun on my poor white skin. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog! yay! i have loved reading it so far, and can't wait for upcoming posts!

    ReplyDelete