kj

kj

Monday, January 20, 2014

Polar Vortex

This last week was the Polar Vortex which left South Bend in a state of emergency with highs of -30 degrees.... we were in nice warm Utah which was more like 30 degrees. ;)

It was a huge rush to get to Utah. We bought our tickets on Tuesday and flew out Thursday.

We flew to Utah on Thursday and went straight down to the Ski Chalet in Beaver. Uncle Jon and Chase were there as well. Ryan got two days of skiing in and I got to join him on Saturday. It was so fun to hang out at the condo, it was even better to hit the slopes while Darla watched Linc. It worked out perfectly. I would do a couple runs then go feed Linc then head back out. This condo my dad bought has really been amazing.


Me sporting the classic condo look.



Linc loves bouncing. This was the lovely jumper at the condo.

Saturday night Jill and her family drove up from St. George to meet us at a local diner. They were so excited to see Linc. I forgot my camera but lucky for me Kela had her nice one so these are all her pictures.




We had so much fun visiting family and friends. We really didn't do a whole lot of exciting things but it was just wonderful to be with family. 

Some highlights are:
-cafe rio
-visiting Bennion and seeing former students
-going on a date without baby
-having Mark take me to Rita's for my anniversary. (Ryan was already home)

Here are some of the pictures I did get.




Sophie decided she wanted a mustache as amazing as Ryan's. She used fruit roll ups for this look.


Ryan left for Notre Dame on Saturday. I spent a couple more days then I left on Wednesday morning.
Dad took us to the airport. It was smooth sailing on the plane. Linc slept in my lap to Denver and then got his own seat to Chicago. 


We loved spending time in Utah but were excited to get back to our normal life in ND. 

Oh and look at this cuteness.





1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun! I love the baby sinktub, and what a cute little laugh Linc has :)

    ReplyDelete